Your privacy is important to us.
Some key definitions and references
- Users of the Insightify.com service who register to build and deploy surveys and who from time to time might purchase other services offered by Insightify.
- Survey Respondents - refers to the person receiving or responding to a survey or poll which is distributed using Insightify
- Personally Identifiable Information - means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, phone number, or other contact information, whether at work or at home. We ask for your personally identifiable information at several points on our website. When purchasing a service through the website we also ask for your financial information, such as your credit card number.
Information Gathering And Usage
When you register for Insightify we ask for personally identifiable information. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter credit card information. We use the collected information for products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Insightify service.
Insight Methods uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Insightify. Although Insight Methods owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Insightify application, you retain all rights to your data.
Insight Methods may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
For the "Users"
- Upon registration, we ask our Users to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information such as their name, country of residence and email address. We use this information to establish individual accounts, protected by a password, that the User selects. In addition, we use the email address supplied by the User in the registration process to confirm registration, and to send notices and updates to the User concerning the services and the site and to add to Insightify's mailing list if requested during registration.
- In order to make the site better and more user-friendly, for analyses at our end, Insightify also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you request. We also collect, with either cookies or web logs, a User's IP address and login times that are identified by individual user. Finally, we collect the surveys and survey results that you have either deployed or participated in.
Part I. Survey Respondents
- Insightify service complies with the United States/European Union Data Protection Safe Harbor Arrangement (the "Safe Harbor") regarding the processing of data from the European Union. As described in the Safe Harbor,] Insight Methods acts as a "Data Processor" (a company that processes Personally Identifiable Information on behalf of a Data Controller) and each Insightify User acts as a "Data Controller" (a person or company that determines the purposes for which and the means by which the Personally Identifiable Information is processed). To "process" information means to carry out an operation or set of operations on the information, such as collecting, recording, storing, disclosing, or organizing it.
- Information that Survey Respondents provide to Users passes through our service and resides on our servers. That information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Insight Methods or its agents, acting on behalf of Insight Methods, maintain facilities.
- Survey Respondents should refer to the User or its website to understand the privacy practices that apply to the information that the User is collecting. Insight Methods does not review, comment upon, or monitor its Users' compliance with their respective privacy policies. Insight Methods is not responsible to Survey Respondents for the privacy practices of Users. Survey Respondents who provide Users with data and other information do so at their own risk. Survey Respondents should also contact the User concerning their ability to access and make changes to information they have provided to the User.
- Insight Methods does not initiate communications with Survey Respondents of our Users' surveys. We rely on our Users to assume responsibility for all communications to and from their Survey Respondents, including the protection of information they receive from Survey Respondents.
- Users are responsible for informing Survey Respondents about the purpose for which Personally Identifiable Information is collected and used, for protecting that information once it has been collected, and for providing clear direction on further disclosure or non disclosure of the information. Users are responsible for providing Survey Respondents the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from the User through our service.
- When a Survey Respondent uses the Insightify site to fill out a survey, our servers may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of "cookies" or your "IP address") about Survey Respondents' activities on the site while responding to the survey. We use this browsing information, in non-personally identifiable form, for internal purposes such as to help understand how the site is being used and to improve it, and for systems administration purposes.
- Cookies are small pieces of information stored on a Survey Respondent's hard drive, not on our site. Cookies allow us to better understand how Survey Respondents use the site, which in turn helps us focus our resources on improvements to the site. We use session cookies, which expire when the browser window is closed, and may use persistent cookies to keep track of which survey(s) a particular Survey Respondent has answered depending on the survey. Insightify also utilizes third-party cookies on the Insightify site for website analytics purpose only. A Survey Respondent is always free to decline our cookies if her browser permits, but in that case, the survey site may not operate properly or a Survey Respondent may be prompted to fill out the same survey multiple times at a User's site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when it is used on a network like the Internet. In some cases the computer's IP address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but, for computers connecting to the Internet via consumer Internet access providers, the IP address generally varies from session to session.
- In some cases, we enable Users to use unique identifiers, such as unique survey ID's for each survey respondent, which enables them to determine which emails have generated responses. This allows Users to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and to exclude those persons who have already responded to a certain message from duplicate messages.
- Insight Methods uses industry-standard security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information it processes on behalf of Users, including, in appropriate circumstances, the use of firewalls and restricted access. Insight Methods limits access to Personally Identifiable Information to those persons within its organization who have a business need to process such Personally Identifiable Information. However, no company, including Insight Methods, can fully eliminate the security risks associated with such information.
Note to Parents and Minors
- We urge minors to check with their parents before entering information on this or any other web site. We do not knowingly collect information on children under the age of 13.
- Depending on your usage, you may be storing other Personally Identifiable Iinformation that like names, email lists, addresses, or information about your Survey Respondents, and other data useful to you. [I don’t know what this is means.] We do not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information or such other information to other Users or any other third parties, unless you expressly agree to such disclosure or it is required by law, and except for such information that may be necessary for us to share with our trusted internal and third-party service providers for the operation of our business. and the tracking and management of the information we collect from you and other Users.
- We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site. If you provide Insightify with a testimonial to be posted on this website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you provide can be read, collected, or used by other users of this site. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to provide for a testimonial on this site.
- Insightify stores Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information of Users in databases protected by passwords as well as database and network firewalls to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information. When you subscribe to Insightify, you enter sensitive information on our registration page, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL follow this link. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we are vigilant in protecting the personal information that you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- You can edit your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your Insightify account and selecting the My Account page, you may edit or delete your Personally Identifiable Information here. You can also request that we remove your registration information from our current database by clicking on the following Support Link. We will respond to your request within 2 business days.
- Insight Methods may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Insightify primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Updated August 2nd, 2009